- Dietrich Leaves CPLG Post, Protheroe Promoted
- Hires at Sesame Workshop
- Store Check: We Visit Stores This Holiday Season So You Don’t Have To
- Disney Store Opens in Times Square
- TRU Enhances Tech Options for Shoppers
- Warner Bros, Hot Topic in Harry Potter Promo
As the digital world becomes more entwined with daily life, classic brands and properties have to adapt to this new medium to keep pace with the demands of the market. Scholastic has had remarkable success with the transition, creating successful versions of its key children’s brands (such as Clifford the Big Red Dog and I Spy) for digital platforms, including the iPad and the Nintendo Wii. Carolyn Fraser, director of Scholastic Interactive, talks to Royaltie$ about making the leap into the digital world.
- FAO Opens Café
- Sesame Expands Healthy Habits Mission with Grant
- New Samurai Power Rangers Make Debut
- Happy Meal Toys to Be Banned?
In a market where affordability has become more important than ever, the low-priced impulse and novelty category has found success in and out of the toy aisle.
This year will mark the 40th anniversary of the Rankin-Bass Christmas special Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town. Classic Media celebrates the anniversary of its classic property with a new DVD release and licensing program.
Kids across the country are collecting, trading, and wearing Silly Bandz. Now these colorful and fun-shaped silicone bracelets are expanding into a consumer products program.
- TLC Forms Partnership with BAC
- Cartoon Network Deals
- Fresh Enterprises Signs Brand Central
- Do You Want to Make Cookies Like Martha? There’s an App for That
- More Promotions at Sesame Workshop
- MEGA Brands Hires Prichard
- Scholastic Promotes Kline
- Walker Joins Hasbro