In the early days of Disney’s tween programming, fashion merely served as the backdrop for the characters when it came to licensed merchandise. But now, it’s become the cornerstone to Disney’s tween licensing strategy. The bi-annual Disney D23 Expo, held this past August in Anaheim, Calif., featured the event’s first-ever fashion show highlighting the latest styles from its tween-targeted fashion line D-Signed. Stephen Teglas, senior vice-president of fashion and home at Disney Consumer Products, discusses its tween strategy.
Radio-controlled (R/C) toys are finding new life in the market through smartphone technology, faster speeds, and more precise navigation.
More parents are using science and exploration toys to help their kids learn about the natural world in new ways and have fun doing it.
The latest Disney sitcom success Shake It Up is set to launch off a tween-targeted merchandising program in time for the back-to-school and holiday seasons.
HGTV has grown to be the No. 1 television network for home and lifestyle programming since its launch in 1994, and now with the help of The Beanstalk Group HGTV is also growing into a leading lifestyle brand with a comprehensive licensing program across targeted categories.
Nothing says summer like a trip to the beach or the local pool. So whether you head to the sandy shores for week’s vacation or opt for a “staycation” in the backyard, there is a multitude of toys for waterside fun.
For Game Table Online (GTO), creating a gaming website wasn’t about claiming a stake in the online gaming scene. It started as a way to bridge the distance between two college friends who just wanted to play a classic board game. Those friends were GTO creators Robert Eng, GTO vice-president, and Joe Minton, GTO CEO, who played board games in their spare time in college.
- Condé Nast Signs FremantleMedia Enterprises
- Pacific Entertainment Corporation Hires Kahn
- HIT Entertainment Adds Licensees for Mike the Knight, Barney
- Ben 10 Moves to The Big Screen
- Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products Signs International Agents
- Big Tent Entertainment Named Science Brand’s Agency of Record
- Mind Candy Announces Moshi Monsters U.S. Toy Line
- American Greetings Properties Introduces New Characters, New Deals
- Stone America Rebrands Itself
- Marvel Signs Crafty Productions
- Saban Brands Teams With NetFlix
- Ludorum Adds New Chuggington Licensees
- Discovery Fit & Health Consumer Products to Hit Retail
- Nickelodeon Announces New Licensees
- Fisher-Price Named Max & Ruby’s U.S. Master Toy Partner
- Cartoon Network Enterprises Signs Penguin Group for Zoobles
- Lalaloopsy Videogames Set to Debut