- Jakks Pacific Founder, Jack Friedman Dies at Age 70
- In My Pocket Brand Expands Globally
- HIT Signs Topsville for Angelina Apparel
- Goralnick Joins Richard Leeds Int’l
- TimetoPlayMag.com Hosts Spring Toy Showcase
- You Have a New Home, Charlie Brown
- Webkinz Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
CBS Consumer Products is focused on the film Beastly, which is scheduled for release July 30, 2010. The film has been called a modern-day take on Beauty and the Beast where a New York teen is transformed into a monster to find love. The film stars Vanessa Hudgens, Neil Patrick Harris, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Alex Pettyfer.
A separate endeavor is Star Trek Online, the MMOG that launched in February. It keeps the momentum going until the next film is released in 2012.
Liz Kalodner, executive vice-president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products, provided on update on these properties.